Our Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) vision is to be trusted to deliver what we promise, making a positive contribution to our customers’ lives (and the planet!)
So TCF is really about our company culture – always doing business in a way that will help ensure customers get fair treatment.
To make sure we do this, we promise the following:
- We’ll never baffle you with science or bombard you with jargon. We’ll always keep you in the loop with open, honest and clear communications.
- We will meet, as best we can, the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service and we will constantly be reviewing our service to identify areas for improvement. We will do that by asking you how we are doing.
- We will make it easy for you to contact us.
- We won’t make excuses. If we get something wrong please let us know and we’ll jump right on it to fix things for you. We’ll explain what went wrong, how we fixed it and we will make sure we learn from our mistakes. Our complaints policy is at the bottom of the page although we hope you will never need it!
- Sometimes life throws us a curve ball and from time to time you might need a little extra support. We can provide help and advice if you’re struggling to pay your bills or if you need a helping hand managing your account.
- If you or someone in your household needs more help and support, you might want to check out our Priority Services Register.
- We’ll also provide you with advice on energy saving and tell you where to go for more help and advice.
The legislation and standards of conduct that protect you:
In the Gas Act (1986) and the Electricity Act (1989) the legislation tells suppliers they must treat all customers fairly.
The energy regulator, Ofgem, has asked all energy suppliers to comply with a new licence condition called Standards of Conduct. This states that suppliers should treat their customers fairly and behave in an honest and transparent way.
In a nutshell, we want to lead the way in giving our customers a great experience.