Something not right?

Something not right?

We’d like to fix it

We’re sorry to hear that something’s not right – thanks for letting us know. We’d like to try and resolve your complaint quickly and comprehensively. Here’s the process we’ll use to do that:


  • Find out what went wrong and why
  • Try to fix the problem
  • Explain how we’ve addressed the issue and what happens next
  • Ask if you had a different solution in mind and take that into account.

Our goal is to find a mutually acceptable solution as quickly as possible. We’ll keep you updated along the way.

Step One: Get in touch

Call the Rebel team on 0345 528 0195.

Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Email us at

Or, if you prefer, write to us at Rebel Energy Ltd, First Floor, 10 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1BE

When you contact us, we’d be grateful if you could provide us with:

  • Your contact details or account number
  • The problem you’re facing, how it came about, and the impact it’s having on you
  • Your preferred solution.

We’ll raise a complaint in relation to your account and try to fix it immediately. If we can’t fix it immediately, we’ll give you a timeframe as to when we can.

Our energy experts can take full ownership of your complaint. They’re trained extensively in all areas, from metering to billing. And they’re empowered to make management-level decisions. We continually run refresher training to keep up with changing technologies. The expert that raises your complaint is responsible for it from beginning to end, so you won’t have to keep explaining yourself.

Step two: If you are not happy with the resolutions offered

If you wish to take your complaint further, our energy expert can pass all the information to an operations manager. They will review your complaint in full and let you know what the next steps are.

Step three: If you need to make a formal complaint

We will write to you about the final solution we have offered and if this is not acceptable then this means we cannot find a mutually satisfactory outcome for yourself and Rebel Energy – this is called “deadlock”. This can then be used to refer and escalate your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman – we hope that it never gets this point.

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman by phone on 0330 440 1624, by email at, or through their website Or you can write to them at Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.

It is a free and independent service, and they will undertake a full review of your concerns and of the actions that Rebel Energy took to try to get to a resolution. If the Ombudsman finds that Rebel Energy has not acted correctly, then they will tell us what we are required to do to put things right.

This can include an explanation and/or an apology. It can also include actions that we have to take, which may include compensation. Their decision is binding on us, but not on you.

Independent advice

If you need independent advice at any time, you can contact Citizens Advice by phone 0808 223 1133 or via their website

Their service is free, independent, and confidential. You can also contact Resolver and they will help you with your complaint. Their website is: