The only personal information we collect through our Website is what you provide when signing up to our mailing list i.e. email address, and, if offered, name and postcode. This information will not be released into the public domain. If you don’t sign up to our mailing list, products or services, we will not collect any personal information.
How we collect information
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. Consent will be provided electronically when entering your details to our Website’s mailing list sign-up function. Consent will be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing your personal information would be considered obvious and you voluntarily provide personal information for that purpose. Otherwise we will give you notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-in to having your personal information used.
You can limit your consent to certain uses of personal information, though this may restrict our ability to provide you with a particular service or functionality.
When you use our Website, you may voluntarily give us certain information (personal and/or non-personal information). If you are using our Website on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide us with location data.
Rebel Energy’s social media accounts are not hosted on Rebel Energy servers. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third-party service providers and those of any applications you use to access them before engaging with us on social media platforms. Also, by signing up to or logging in to our Website using third party platforms (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), you may give Rebel Energy permission to access your information via such other services. By linking your Rebel Energy account with accounts on such third-party platforms, you allow Rebel Energy to obtain certain information from those accounts.
- Facebook: public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, interests, current city, personal description and likes.
- Twitter: read tweets from your twitter timeline, see who you follow, update your profile, post tweets for you.
- LinkedIn: full profile, email address, your connections *Note: this could include work product information.
- Google+: basic profile, list of people in your circles, email address, your contacts.
- Instagram: access to basic information including your photos, friend lists and profile introduction.
Reasons for collecting, using and disclosing personal information
Some of the purposes for which Rebel Energy may collect, use and disclose your personal information are:
- To communicate with you
- To grant you access to certain special features, services or areas of the Website
- To process any of your requests for information
- To administer participation in surveys and polling
- To provide you with information about Rebel Energy’s products and services
- To advise you of changes to our Website
- To administer research on our audience in order to improve our products and services
- To provide an enhanced user experience
Some personal information may be stored by authorised third-party service providers, in order to administer Rebel Energy services and operations. Your personal information will be provided to such third-party service providers only to enable the proper administration of such services and operations.
We will use your personal information to ensure that you have the best possible experience of our Website. This includes, if you choose to engage with them, interactive features and features available only to registered users.
We may use the information you provide when you sign up to our mailing list or other Rebel Energy programmes or initiatives to maintain databases appropriate to these communications, programmes and initiatives.
Where we store your personal data
In certain circumstances, Rebel Energy may disclose your personal information if reasonably believed that we are required to do so in accordance with the applicable law or regulation, court order, or any competent governmental, statutory or public authority or to protect our rights and property. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation, and we may disclose your personal information to such agencies in doing so.
EU’s Anti-Spam Legislation
Rebel Energy is committed to the requirements of the European Union’s Anti-Spam Legislation, including through any commercial electronic messages sent by Rebel Energy to you. At any time, you can “unsubscribe” from receiving any applicable communications from Rebel Energy and we will remove your email address from our databases.
Personal information of children
Rebel Energy is committed to protecting the online privacy of children in all countries. Children under a certain age are not permitted to submit their personal information to Rebel Energy or sign up to our mailing lists. The minimum age is 16 years for all countries.
How we use certain technologies on our Website
Web beacons (also called “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) are small strings of code placed in a web page or in an email message. These may be used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on our Website. If you disable cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous Website visit.
Links to other sites
How long your personal information is retained for
How we ensure accuracy of your personal information
How we protect your personal information
Rebel Energy endeavours to maintain appropriate procedural and technological measures and storage facilities to prevent any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information. Rebel Energy is taking reasonable efforts to protect any personal information that is provided to it through this Website. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any personal information provided to us in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted to us, as the internet is a potentially non-secure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
How you can access or correct your personal information
How to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information
You may at any time withdraw your consent to our use and disclosure of certain personal information by notifying us in writing through email at email@example.com . Please note that your withdrawal request may take up to 30 days to implement. Also note that withdrawing your consent may preclude us from providing you with certain information or may prevent your use of certain features and functionalities of this Website.
Your other legal rights
Data protection legislation also provides you with certain other rights. These are not always absolute rights and must be considered in the wider scope of the legislation. These rights are:
- Right to erasure, also known as the right to be forgotten. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. In some circumstances this is not an absolute right;
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. This is not an absolute right and will depend on the circumstances and any other legal/statutory obligations Rebel Energy may have;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling.
Questions or Concerns
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): just click this link